AM&T is always looking to expand its consulting resource database with providers that offer high-quality, market-driven, cost-effective services that we can offer to our clients.
- Benefits to working with AM&T
- Qualification Process
- High-Level Client Engagement Process
Benefits to working with AM&T
AM&T provides our consulting partner with:
- Sales and Distribution Channel – Access to over 800 small to medium-sized manufacturing companies in the Southern Tier of New York – Reducing the resource’s sales and marketing costs, and providing an opportunity to increase sales.
- Pre-qualified Prospects – Our Business Development Manager (BDM) conducts the initial assessment and brings the resource in only after a need has been identified – Significantly reducing the resource’s selling cost and cycle.
- Limited Liability – All contracts are written between the resource and AM&T – Guaranteeing that you will get paid if all the project requirements are met.
The first step in becoming an AM&T resource is to complete the Consulting Partner Application.
- The Consulting Partner Application requests basic information about your organization; general qualifications, areas of expertise, and references.
- Note: AM&T does not accept applications from organizations that are product vendors and/or resellers. Incomplete information packages will not be processed. All questions and requests for information should be made via email to email@example.com.
If we have a demand for the type of services that your organization provides, you will be contacted and asked to complete the next step in the qualification process, which will include establishing a general agreement and reviewing our client engagement process.
High-Level Client Engagement Process
AM&T’s Consulting Partners work as part of the AM&T to deliver valuable services to our regional manufacturers. Our client engagement process steps are:
1. MARKETING, SALES & CUSTOMER REQUIREMENTS DEFINITION
AM&T’s BDM cultivates relationships in the Southern Tier to identify opportunities to support small and mid-sized manufacturers. After a need is identified, the BDM will contact the Consulting Partner to discuss the opportunity.
Also, Consulting Partners may be invited to participate in marketing activities such writing a newsletter or success story, presenting at a lunch and learn or attending a networking event.
2. PROPOSAL PREPARATION AND APPROVAL
AM&T’s BDM is responsible for contracting with the client and the Consulting Partner for a specific project, Consulting Partner activities may include:
- a project scoping meeting with the client,
- negotiating project cost and payments,
- and creating and presenting a project proposal.
3. SERVICE DELIVERY AND EVALUATION
The Consulting Partner and BDM will conduct a project kickoff meeting with the client. The Consulting Partner will deliver services according to the contract and provide progress reports to AM&T.
During the project, the BDM, or an assigned AM&T staff member, will be responsible for macro project management to ensure that the project is on schedule, within budget and meets our quality expectations.
The Consulting Partner will bill AM&T monthly and at the conclusion of satisfying all project requirements, including deliverables such as reports. AM&T will process billing to the client and will pay the Consulting Partner per the contract between AM&T and the Consulting Partner.
At the conclusion of the project, the client will be asked to complete a project evaluation form to determine:
- if they were satisfied with the services provided,
- whether the project added value to the company,
- and what type of positive impact do they anticipate from the project.
Also, the BDM will meet with the Consulting Partner to complete project close-out activities, and discuss project challenges and successes, as well as possible client needs and future business opportunities.
5. CLIENT SURVEY
All projects are surveyed 6-9 months after they are completed to assess and measure the impact of the effort. The survey is conducted by an independent third-party provider contracted by NIST, our federal funder. Information to complete the survey will be reviewed during the project close-out meeting.
Feedback will be provided to the Consulting Partner from the project evaluation and client survey.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org