“Every metric we measure is trending in the correct direction. Whilst you can’t eat off the floor yet, you can now find everything on it”
–Davis Fleming, Director
The Lean and Continuous Improvement support and training received from AMT enabled Samscreen to remain and improve its competitiveness in their marketplace. The project has been very successful in producing benefits for the company, the community and to the economy of the Southern Tier of New York State.
The company benefits include:
- Increased on time delivery by 19% across all product lines
- Increased jobs by 6 people.
- Reduced employee turnover by 25%.
- Reduce customer complaints by 23%.
- Made an investment of over $750,000 in new equipment.
- Engaged employees in the improvement process at all levels.
Samscreen, Inc. is located in Conklin, NY, and is a manufacturer of screening and crushing products for portable and stationary screening plants. Samscreen employs 40 people.
Samscreen embarked on a project to improve production efficiencies and effectiveness, and requested AM&T provide training and project facilitation in Lean and Continuous Improvement to support the effort.
Samscreen and AMT looked at their end-to-end business process to identify improvement opportunities. As a result, the following training sessions and projects were completed:
- Five Lean Thinking Overview training sessions to provide an overview of Lean Thinking concepts, with a focus on Standard Work, 5S, and Visual Workplace for all employees.
- Four Value Stream Mapping events for Quote to Order and Order to Delivery for the primary product lines.
- Multiple multi-day Rapid Improvement events to teach participants how to work as a team to design and implement improvements to improve flow and reduce waste.
Samscreen’s Lean transformation is a multi-year journey and it will continue into the future.